Sama, practical way
An initiative of the occult side of Islam is the Arab mystics and sages
(Sufi) who know the secret initiation points not accessible to all practitioners
of Islam. These sacred teachings are transmitted from master to disciple
through initiation. Of these forms of practice are relentless repetition
of sacred formulas, the name of God, sacred music, dance initiation or
prayer. In this category of mystics and dervishes belong. They use initiation
dance and music to help them be at one with God, leaving it so filled
with divine ecstasy. Javad Nurbakshsh mystic says: "The Sama are
things ecstatic and profane. And dance you perform is not entertainment.".
Sama means "to listen". In their language Sama is sufficient
that by listening ear heart harmonious areas making it elevates the soul
to enter and dissolve the bliss absolute. For Sufi, Sama is God's call.
So turn away mystic world merging with God. For the ignorant Sufi poets
Omar Kayam poems, Hafiz, Rumi, etc. may seem profanity of religion and
human behavior. For the wise but they talk about is drunkenness divine
ecstasy and red wine is pleasure that arises in the soul when the practitioner
fails to reach ecstasy.
- the Sama should not make a habit;
- master should always be Currently,
- the Sama not to participate who are not part of the spiritual path,
- who plays the tambourine and flute to be transfigured,
- of Sama is not never make entertainment
- if Sama is not felt should not be forced but if you do not be resisted;
- in Sama to clearly distinguish between the usual hysteria and trance.
- should not be interfered with someone without permission Shaykh Sama.
- should not be imitated by anyone during Sama;
- Sama practice who must give up pleasures and be lofty lower prayer.
You must search his soul only God.